Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dreary Day #4


I tell you, this drippy, gray, cold weather has GOT to end!  Day 4 of my summer break and Day 4 of the craptastic weather.  Today was a day of chores in preparation for my dad's knee replacement surgery.  We had a bit of a scare when the doc heard what he thought was a blockage in his heart.  After a stress test last Friday, they have decided to go ahead with the knee tomorrow morning at 7:30.  I anticipate that I will be spending quite a bit of time both at the hospital and at their house once Dad comes home.  There will be a significant recovery period for Dad, and I'm happy to be able to help them out.  So, today I cleaned the kitchen, living room, and dining room.  I also planted most of my planters with flowers.  I've been waiting for nicer weather, but now that my time is going to be occupied, and the flowers were turning slimy and black in the super wet pots; I went ahead.  I made goulash for dinner, which Bob seemed to enjoy.  I'm going to bed early tonight so that I can be at the hospital by 7:30 tomorrow.  Today's picture of the day is only one.  I took this picture of Jack while I was talking with my mother about plans for tomorrow.  Jack's expression pretty much sums up my day.

Be grateful and see the beauty in each day!

No comments: