Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cooking, Spinning and Knitting

Today was a day of laying low at home and getting a few things done.  I put together some really tasty cinnamon and golden raisin scones for breakfast. 
While we were enjoying our scones for brunch, I watched a television program called "Knit and Crochet Now" on the Create channel.  They showed a pattern for an afghan called "Stained Glass" by Susan Levin.  She created the pattern off of some antique afghans that her grandmother had made.  While I'm not a big fan of making granny square afghans as a use for small odds and ends of yarn balls, this pattern appealed to me.  I have bags of partial skeins, leftovers from completed projects.  After Bob fixed my printer, I printed the free pattern from the show's web site.
Off and on throughout the day, I picked up my needles and made a few pieces for this afghan.  This won't be a project I'm in a hurry to finish.  It will just be for times when I need to have something small to work on, and to use up odds and ends.
I did already make a modification to the pattern.  I'm slipping the first stitch on each row to give a more finished edge and an obvious place to put my black crochet stitches to make the "lead" in the stained glass.
I threw a pork roast in the crock pot to make barbequed pulled pork sandwiches for dinner while Bob fitted my saxony wheel Liz with a new turbo drive belt.  I was very excited to give her a spin, and brought out some white Romney from Green Eggs and Lamb farm in Wisconsin.  Lizzie spins like a dream and I filled almost a full bobbin in just a short time.
It was a lovely, relaxed, productive Sunday!

Be grateful and enjoy the beauty in each day!

No comments: