Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Start

Welcome, 2011!
It seems that every year I start with ambitious New Year's resolutions, and every year they fall by the wayside.  Often within the first week of going back to work.  In preparation for this year's resolutions, I have been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
on my new Christmas Kindle.  ( I love my Kindle. )  Ms. Rubin offers many suggestions for making and keeping resolutions which should make your new year a happy one.  I am only about one-third of the way through her book, but I am making a commitment here to my first resolution for 2011.  Ms. Rubin and Julia Cameron in The Artist's Way
 both suggest that I should be keeping a daily journal.  This seems like a goal which is both achievable and pleasant.  I like writing, and I like posting to my blog, and that leads me to a reasonable first resolution.  Ms. Rubin suggests that participants should limit themselves to a single sentence per day, therefore; that is my resolution :

"One sentence per day in my blog."


That said, I really enjoy writing in my blog, Ms. Cameron suggests three handwritten pages per day, and I imagine that once I sit down with the computer, I may end up writing more than one sentence.  Additionally, I hope to research and incorporate a motivational or inspirational quote into my blog posts several times per week. These quotes are only intended to give my spirit a lift and perhaps to make a daily writing assignment more palatable. Here is the quote I have chosen for today, New Year's Day 2011:



When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Give it one more try."
~Author Unknown

I thought this quote was apropos because of my history of making resolutions and failing to keep them.  Here I am, giving it one more try.

Be grateful and see the beauty in each day!

No comments: